In honor of Women’s History Month, I am organizing a Mother’s Day supplies haul for Domestic Violence victims at House of Ruth.
I was nervous so I apologize for all of my awkwardness, pauses, umms, stutters, twitches, weird facial expressions, bad editing, & any other weird human things I may have done in this video.
But more importantly:
To donate to the GoFundMe, click here.
If you want to donate supplies, contact me via Twitter or Instagram: @CHROMESPINNIN. You can also email me at email@example.com.
SUPPLIES THEY’RE LOOKING FOR. Being that it is Mother’s Day, the shelter is looking for pamper items or gift items but also just general self-care items as well. If you do donate items please keep in mind that all items must be NEW.
- Mother’s Day gift baskets.
- Bath & Body lotions.
- Gas gift cards ($10 increments).
- Snacks for children (goldfish, juice, fruit cups, granola bars, etc.)
- Toothbrushes & Toothpaste.
- Clothing: womens, childrens, & teenaged girls.
- Soap, Shampoo, & Conditioner.
- Flip Flops.
- Hair Care items (rubberbands, hair ties, headbands, brushes, etc.)
- Bras & underwear.
- Tumblers or Coffee Cups.
- If you have any other items in my mind, go ahead & contact me.
Thank you for taking the time to listen & thank you for all the support. It is so hard to be a woman in this world & I want nothing more than to encourage women to be strong. These women have suffered & I want to assist House of Ruth in helping them get back on their feet because I want these women to have a fair chance at this game of life. I want to teach women & their children to not fear adversity but to overcome it. I want them to be able to be independent & to raise children of the same manner; no matter the circumstance.
“She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.”
- Every 9 seconds in the US, a woman is assaulted or beaten.
- On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.
- 1 in 3 women have been victims of [some form of] physical violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime.
- 1 in 5 women have been victims of severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
- 1 in 7 women have been stalked by an intimate partner during their lifetime to the point in which they felt very fearful or believed that they or someone close to them would be harmed or killed.
- On a typical day, there are more than 20,000 phone calls placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide.
- Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.
- Women between the ages of 18-24 are most commonly abused by an intimate partner.
- 19% of domestic violence involves a weapon.
- Only 34% of people who are injured by intimate partners receive medical care for their injuries.
HOUSE OF RUTH: Website | Facebook
NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE: 1.800.799.7233